Sunday, August 7, 2016

8-7-16 Group Email

So this week has been good! Me and Hazel still having a great time!! We started out on monday going on some hikes and stuff with Chiyah Oti La-Hood. Such a baller. He has had a few months of praying now about going on a mission or not and this week (here is a miracle) he was sleeping one night and suddenly shot up awake and knew that he needed to go on a mission!!!!! So he will be starting his papers soon (:
That same night we also went back to the hike area when it was dark with some Ysa and looked at the Glow worms!!! Sooo cool. They're way too small and I don't have a tripod so I couldn't take any photos but they are super cool.

I got a new suit... it's a meaaaan suit, and some new pants and a handful of dope new ties...

A miracle and cool experience happened though.. very scary but cool. So Tuesday morning at like 5 or so in the morning we got a phone call from Auntie Barbie and she asked if we could rush over to their house and give uncle K a blessing because he had a super tight chest and was struggling breathing.. So we got up and ran over as quick as we could.. The ambulance was there and everyone was up and kinda crying and stressed.. Callum was walking really slowly out to the ambulance when we got there. This is amazing to me.. He stopped his walk to the ambulance to sit down for a priesthood blessing. So I gave him a blessing and I have no idea what I said. All I know is a said everything would be okay.. so off he went to the hospital. Then we ended up giving 2 of the kids a blessing because they were sick and scared. And we went off to the hospital with them.

I didn't know the full story until yesterday at fast and testimony meeting. 3 of the family members that were there, went up and bore their testimonies.

They were all SOOOO grateful for the priesthood and stuff and I had no idea what it really meant to them. Apparently before we got to the house early that morning, Callum asked his son Brodie to come and talk to him. He told his son to be the man over the house. To take care of all his sisters and his mother. He thought he was going to die. And so did they. But as he was at the hospital. He completely went back to normal except for a little high blood pressure. He was discharged within 9 hours of his heart attack.

Because of this experience, I know how I want to serve my mission. And I know how I want to be when I'm a father. I want to use my priesthood as much as I can to help as many people as possible. It's a real power that we have to call upon heaven.

That is the way Christ served. That's the way I want to serve.

I LOVE the people here. I LOVE this place. I have found family that i've never met until my mission. I'm so grateful for the literal power that we have in this gospel. To save people.

I'm not saying I saved Callum. I didn't hardly do anything. I am grateful though that I was able to be Heavenly Fathers connection as he blessed that man and family.



--
Elder LaMunyon

Hangi from a random guy on the street

Rained for 2-3 weeks straight!

New Zealand described in one picture

The Countryside

a EWE protecting her babies in a crazy wind

SNOWWWWW! (look closely on the mountain top)

Perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment