Wednesday, August 24, 2016

8/22/16

Bryson is so happy that he gets to stay in Wainuiomata and that Hayden is still his companion.  He was made district leader, so I asked him about that and what his responsibilities are:

becoming a district leader.. no i'm not set apart. My responsibilities include; making sure everyone is in at night in my district, baptism interviews for converts, running district meetings, being there to take care of any problems or challenges missionaries face, uhmmmm.... assisting the zone leaders, and being an example to the district. I have one of the bigger districts in the mission. Not massive but about 10 missionaries. I'm excited to help missionaries personally. To be a friend they can go to.. because I know what it's like to have a hard time on the mission and not have anyone to talk to. That's what i'm looking forward to most of all.


I will send you a photo of our investigator who will most likely be baptized in the next month or so (: she is so cool.. her name is Haylee Anderson. She has been in 2 lessons in just over a week and has read up to 2nd Nephi already!!! That is a masssssive sign of commitment and progress! She is Chiyah's ex but since he invited her to church about 2 or so months ago.. I don't think she has missed! She's great (:
Haylee Anderson

So.. story time.

When I first got here in wainui, Chiyah, Tyla, Daniel, and Nikki.. (all family) NEVER came to church. I didn't even know they were members!! But I first connected with Chiyah.. he is one of my best friends in the world!! We connected from my background at home.. (being up to date with things) haha and we always started to hangout.. so after about 3 months.. he began to come to church!! And then next.. Daniel!! Came back and loved hanging out with me and the young men and he just recieved his priesthood about 3 weeks ago! He has passed the sacrament worthily and happily since (: And then Tyla.. We got a long really well just about 3 months ago! We connected and found out we had a lot in common and I just began to be her friend! She has had a rough up bringing.. all of them have.. But anyways, she was moving to Aussie! So I just simply reminded her to keep things in perspective! That the gospel and life is eternal, and if she isn't happy, she needs to do whatever she can to get there.. So when she left, I was kinda sad but oh well, she will experience life right? So she went, started going to church there and doing scripture study, and after about 5 weeks over there she had the feeling she needed to break up with her boyfriend (in aussie with her) and return home to start preparing for a mission and things (: and she is back, hasn't missed church since, they've brought Haylee (our investigator) to the light of the gospel and is now being taught, and their mom who has been inactive for about 26 years has started coming back about 3 weeks ago (: And we have been teaching her as well!! But all of this has only happened because I was suppose to be here at this time with these people. And I have focused on serving them and being their friends more than anything. And Looking back, i've seen miracles. I couldn't really see them in the moment.. kinda down on myself and everything.. but i'm glad i'm here (: I'm glad these kids are preparing for the temple to be sealed as a family. It's made me so happy!!!!(:




Tyla

 oh and another thing!!!! the bishop lost her records when she went to aussie, so she almost had to get re baptized.. which is sad, but would have been super cool because she asked me to baptize her.. she has told me a few times over that i'm the reason she is back in the gospel!! Which is cool!! I honestly haven't done anything though.. or that's how I feel! I've just wanted to be her friend and stuff! But I guess that is all she needed? Who knows. Anyways.. I love this family.


Chiyah


New Zealand Gorgeousness...






if you look really closely, you can see a rare fan tail bird near the top of the bridge to the left.










No comments:

Post a Comment