Monday, December 7, 2015

excerpts from emails to me & a few more pictures

I mentioned to Bryson that his arms looked huge, and asked if he'd been working out...

Well.. I'm glad you have noticed! As you have seen my comp is pretty big. So I have started working out with him. I'll send you a picture of our pushup routine every night. it's like 160 pushups or something like that in different positions and different types of pushups. it's harrrrd. But I'm glad it's noticeable! haha. I do feel pretty good working out hard.


on getting a car again...


I'm so jealous of your guys' white Christmas. I miss the snow a lot...... But it's actually pretty cold here right now. Lots of storms lately. But good news is we have our car back!! We have a car because our area is Giant. But we haven't had it since before I even got here. They crashed it before I came to Gore so we have been biking for a month straight. So my legs are ripped ayeee. haha. Nah, my butt has been super sore though. Just blessed to have a car now.




I asked if they get fed by any of their 6 members...

Feeding wise no. In Gore we get fed maybe once a transfer. People up more north and on the North Island get fed 3 or so different dinners every night (wondering if he meant every week) on average. So we have to fend for ourselves. We have to live off 6 dollars a day to eat and everything.


I had asked about Gore - lots of $$ or more poor people & what they do mostly as missionaries...

Let's see.. Gore is pretty middle class. A little closer to the poor side. Humble housing, many people walk around but since it's a small town there are a lot of people that just stop for a day and drive further to bigger cities. Sometimes I think it's too much service, that we need to focus on teaching people the gospel. But service keeps us busy when we run low on visits or doors to knock. We do service all the time. My favourite so far is working at the horse stables. We help disabled kids ride horses and learn how to do that and it's amazing. There are really good people here, but also very stubborn ones.





Some pictures he's sent:

Gore is the brown trout fishing capital of the world...



Bluff is known as the southern most town in New Zealand. (even though technically there are a couple that are more south?)




this is Gore:


No comments:

Post a Comment