Tuesday, July 5, 2016

New Zealand Speak

email question from Megan to Bryson: Any more slang you've learned? Mom laughs at your use of the word "rubbish"

his response:

oh yup. that's not really slang that's just what they say haha. Uhm, they don't call erasers erasers.. I learned this last night when haynze kept  asking me if I had any rubber, he said it like 6 times and eventually I was just like "What do you mean?? I DON"T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING" and nanna marylin said "Haynze babe they don't call them that! They are erasers!!

So yeah, that was frustrating.

Uhmmmmm.... if something is expensive they just call it deer.
If they are all good with something they will say "Safe bro, yup"
We say "ah i'm Keen" or something like that heaps.. we also say heaps instead of "alot"
it's not candy here.. it's lollies
They don't really drink hot chocolate, they drink this thing called milo. It was weird at first but now I like it.
We say "Churr bro"
Cheers mate
"Ahh yih" pretty much is like "ohh yeah I understand"

Heaps of stuff haha. I'll have fun at home when no one understands me

No comments:

Post a Comment