Monday, July 18, 2016

Group Email 7/17/16


My first week with Hazel has been so flipping fun!!! We have just been having so much fun laughing and joking around and remember old stories of all the fun times we had in scouts and growing up!!! It's so nice to not have to get a completely new person.. which I've had to do nearly every month and a half on my mission. We instantly have unity and have such a good connection!!! He is a fantastic missionary and loves the work.

One sad thing happened though. Elder Walsh called me yesterday morning and said he has decided to go home.. I wonder if I could have done anything to help him.. But I kind of saw it coming. I just can't believe it happened so fast into his new area and companion.

Things are going great!! Feeling great, doing great, working hard.

Studying has been kind of hard this week. we have been so busy with transfers and stuff it's just been crazy. But Hassell taught me about 2 Nephi 9:39.. SMILE which means Spirtually Minded Is Life Eternal. I love that.. Also I taught him about Alma 32:28 how do you know it's a good seed? it will Swell in your breast, Enlarge your sould, Enlighten your mind and become Delicious to you.
I think that's the right order... hahah

We have met with some members and me and Elder Hassell are going to run a Ward FHE to teach these people how to interact with family and friends bearing purpose testimonies and we are going to make each family in the ward have a baptismal goal. Just like missionaries. They pray and fast about a family or friend they want to see baptized and taught and when we visit with them we have a specific name to follow up with.. Should be awesome and hopefully we get heaps of investigators through that (:

Teaching non members.. We actually had a miracle his first or second day here. We went to the market and started teaching a man named Sefo about families and temples! He loves what we teach SO much.. But as we were teaching, 3 others came and listened. E Amentiers, Matthew, and Bob. We were teaching them about prophets and repentance and being baptized with authority from God and one of them even started recording us, and they kept saying that they were feeling us speak truth and that they were feeling so much love and everything and so I popped the question.. "After we teach you more, will each of you be baptized if you continue to feel this feeling?" All 4 said yes, and they would love it.

So no big deal, me and Hassell just preaching the word out here in NZ telling them to repent and be baptized like Peter, James, John, and the early missionaries (: Plus Matthew and E gave us two free Hangis.. Which Elder Hassell explains in a video I'm going to put on the drive. It's a couple video journals.

Coolest thing about my mission so far.... being companions with Hazel and also I still think Haynze teaching his mom the Plan of Salvation on his own was amazing. It's cool enough he understood it and got baptized but to draw it out perfectly on a board and teach his mom who had no knowledge of it at all, is AWESOME.

I love the mountains in this area. We are surrounded by them!!!

I love you so much mom (: Hope home is good.




--
Elder LaMunyon

No comments:

Post a Comment